Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Cross one off the bucket list!

My bucket list always included a visit to Egypt to see the pyramids and the museum in Cairo, well I finally did it! and it was fantastic here's a peek at what I did and saw...

Day 1 arrive at the hotel - wow!!!



Day 2 main trip to Cairo 7 hours on a coach through the Sinai Dessert... and then into Cairo -


Totally bonkers!! no traffic rules horns hooting constantly total chaos but fun!

First stop the Citadel Mohammed Ali's Mosque...



First view of Cairo from the Citadel e were told 18 million people live in Cairo!




After this on to the Museum in Cairo... sadly you are not allowed to take pictures but the sight of King Tut's tiny mask made me cry! and the jewellery was increduble.

Off for lunch on a nile restaurant at TGI Fridays!!! then to our hotel and tonight it's the light a laser show at the Pyramids after dark.

Day 2 first stop Memhis.... meet Rameses and the Memhis Sphynx



Next it's back on the road and a quick visit to the Stepped Pyramid at Sakkhara enrout to the Pyramids.. (I'm the middle one!)



Finally we are at the Pyramids .... I am totally gobsmacked they are incredible......



After the pyramids we paid visit to the Sphynx at the bottom of the hill



Next to the papyrus museum and then on to lunch at a traditional bedouin restarant, meatballs and BBQ Chicken.
7 hours back to Sharmel Sheikh on the bus, swollen ankles bruises on my bum from the pot holes in the road but what a wonderful experience.

After our mega sight seeing trip it was a few days R&R then on to the coral reef to snorkel and get some use out of my very expensive swimming costumes - here's a few of my favourite underwater snaps, it was like being in an aquarium truly beautiful...



Well that's a whistle stop tour of my Egyptian experience I hope you enjoyed my pic's

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!!! You lucky thing! Looks like you had a fantastic time and a trip to remember for ever!

    Just a teeney bit jealous, as I have always wanted to go myself!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,it looks absolutely fantastic - lucky you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete