Friday, 24 December 2010

My First ACEO's

It's been nearly 20 years since I picked up a paint brush (excepting home decorating that is!) and I finally got around to buying some new oils, I have had a brilliant day just painting totally selfish I know but family has been visited the turkey is thawing, the pressies are wrapped all have to do now is lay the table.

Here they are from initial sketch to finished painting (well they still need a bit of touching up in places but they have to dry properly first before I can add anymore paint).



Would love some feedback I have no idea how much to list them for they have taken between 1 and 2 hours each and are painted in Oil

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas

Max *<:o) x

5 comments:

  1. They're sweet! The one in the tree is my favourite:) Not sure how long oil takes to dry so it might be a while before they're ready to list, but they do look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute Max!

    Oil is such a difficult medium, you are so clever!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I've never tried oil paints, I'm just too impatient to wait for them to dry. Do you gesso your paper first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely,all of them,
    As to pricing --have a look at some of the aceo's that have been sold in folksy might give you an idea.
    I suppose it all depends on how highly you value your work.
    I had a look on etsy yesterday and saw that they price their's much higher than we do in U.K.Some of them were double the price that we sell at in folksy.
    Hope my comment is of help to you---from a fellow aceo painter
    Jeanie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't help with the listing advice but very cute Max. The one in the tree is my favourite too. Have a fab Christmas
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete