Tuesday, 23 August 2011

A Listers 23rd August

It’s been almost a year now since I discovered ACEO’s, what’s an ACEO? well, it stands for Art Cards, Originals and Editions, they are very small artworks in any medium but they must be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches and they are collected all over the world.


I jumped at the chance to start painting again after 20 years, something I had always loved, but never had time whilst the children grew up. Although my passion for art never went away and even though I didn’t paint myself at the time, I loved going to galleries and collected art as often as I could afford. Now I have run out of wall space!, but with ACEO’s I can still indulge as I can fill albums instead.


For this weeks picks I have chosen some ACEO’s from the very talented artists on Folksy and I also want to show you the lovely ACEO’s a very dear friend sent me for my birthday last week, I was so pleased to receive them and they look great in my growing collection.

ACEO gifts from Margaret
ACEO by Louisa
ACEO by Louisa


Click on the pictures below to take you to the talented Folksters shop/gallery and look at the amazing variety of artwork ....


NOfkants Curios, embroidered flowers on felt


Aunty Joan, collage


Created by Kelly, Watercolour and pen


Polly Krafts, Encaustic Art (Wax)


Merry Berry, Pen and Ink


Pants and Paper, Mixed Media


Maxine Veronica, Polymer Clay

3 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts to have. Love all the rest too. Some I`ve seen and some I haven`t. Love your polymer clay one.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of Folksy ACEOs, it really shows the great variety of talent on here!

    I'm so happy that you like the ones I sent to you for your birthday, and I'm really pleased with the way they look in the photographs!:)Thanks for showing them, it's boosted my confidence seeing them on screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection, amazing range of methods and materials.

    ReplyDelete