Saturday, 15 February 2014

ACEO with Vintage Elements

I spent the best part of this morning digging around in my paper scraps box for an idea I had to make some ACEO's using scraps from my book and card making stash.

Being a crafty hoarder I just cannot let anything go even the tiniest scrap of pretty backing paper gets kept in a box, coz you just never know! This year I am determined to use up all those scraps on projects. I started with some collage books earlier this year and those have been a real hit so I thought about what else I could do with them and came up with ACEO's.

To start with I cut some scraps from my old battered falling to bits, copy of Sense and Sensibility that I rescued from being thrown away. I then thought about what I wanted to achieve, and decided that sketching my ideas would work best so here are the initial sketches. I sketched a range of things including bugs and flowers.
Then I sat down with my favourite Tim Holtz ink pads and some sponges to add colour to the sketches, I tore around the image and then 'distressed' the edges for a real vintage feel.

 The next happy hour was spent cutting card to ACEO size (2.5 x 3.5 inches) finding backing papers to coordinate with the sketches and designing the ACEO's. I used ribbon, guilding flakes, brads and liquid pearls from my stash and voila here's the finished ACEO's!

Just got to wait for them to dry now I used lots of glue! and then I'll be listing them in my Folksy Shop next week.

4 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful and unique Max, I'm sure they'll be a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collages Max, love how you have bought the elements together on an ACEO, Hazel

    ReplyDelete