Sunday, 7 September 2014

Month 1 - My 50 things to do before 50

Okay so I started my challenge on the week of my Birthday, just 4 short weeks ago, my how time has flown!. So, I know you are all dying to know what I have actually achieved and ticked off my list, wellso  far I have:-

Spent many evenings promoting and working to increase my Facebook likes to 500 and last Saturday I finally got there, my page now stands at 507 likes :), that's number 6 ticked off my list.

Next on my list was Twitter, increasing my followers to 700, that was harder than I thought followers gained and one day and lost the next!  but I managed to get there in the end and yesterday I reached 706 followers :), whoo number 5 ticked off.

I also started a healthy diet and have lost 4lb so far, so that's 4 down, 21 to go!

I have managed to walk 9 miles of my 150 mile challenge, finding time for 1 to 2 walks every week, which leaves 141 miles to go!

Finally this month at number 8, I wanted to try a new art form.  After a lovely evening at a friends the week of my birthday, I was introduced to Art Journalling and thought, what a perfect way to a) try a new art form and b) record my year. So number 8 is ticked off with the journal I designed to record my year. It's pretty large at 12 x 12 inches, so plenty of room for everything on my list.

It's a mixed media with vintage book paper decoupage, stamping, collage work and layering.  The illustration is done with ink marker and alcohol ink pens. This is actually the second cover, I had a bit of a disaster with the first cover. I was almost finished when I dropped a whole pot on deep blue acrylic ink smack in the middle of the page, which dyed everything blue, and I had to start again!!. I actually prefer this cover to the first one so I'll call that serendipity!

I spent and enjoyable day yesterday putting together my first page of art journalling for August and my journey so far...

well that's it from me, back in 4 weeks with the next installment, have a great September and thanks for stopping by to read my witterings


No comments:

Post a Comment